The Bongo Operating Theatre is now back in operation after a fire leveled the facility in 2013.
Here are posts documenting the process of rebuilding this facility:
- November 26th, 2013 – Fire Hits Bongo District Hospital
- February 3rd, 2014 – Report: Fire Outbreak at Bongo District Hospital Operating Theatre, by Dr. Gudu
- December 14th, 2015 – Funds Provided to Rebuild the Bongo Operating Theatre
- January 27th, 2015 – Bongo Hospital Update
The benefits of having the theatre back in operation are tremendous!
- Reduction in referrals of surgical cases
- Increase access to many clients because some do not like to be referred
- Increased in efficiency
- Increased in staff morale and motivation
- Increased in teaching and learning by students
- Reduction in congestion of the operating rooms.
In our next update we’ll show how we’ve addressed the frequent electrical fires in this hospital by rewiring the hospital.
We started with the maternity ward, thanks Sion Jones & Chuck Zylstra. Read more